Categories are one of the many ways a shopper can find the products they want to buy in your store. Other ways include:
- By brand
- By price
- Related products
- Top selling products
Adding Product Categories
- Log into your store admin
- Go to Store > Categories
- Select the "Insert" button in the upper right corner.
- On the General Tab, fill in the fields for your new category (you can make changes at any time). The only field that is required is the "Category Name"
- Click on the Data Tab and fill in the fields you want (these are optional).
- Click on the Design Tab and select from the dropdown menu if you want (these are optional).
- Click on the Save button in the upper right corner.
To add a subcategory (for example: Pants>Jeans) Edit an existing category or add a new one and on the Data tab start typing the main or parent category you would like this subcategory placed under. The category will pop up. Select it. Finishing completing any other fields needed and save.
At this point you have created your first category! You can add as many categories as you would like.